Sunday 29 January 2012

Excerpt from "Be Careful What You Wish For" (book #2 in The Dream Series)


Maria, what has happened to you? You don't look at all well, my dear, Sebastian stated, a look of real concern on his face. I like my women with a bit more meat on their bones, something I can sink my teeth into.


Sink his teeth in he would. He really was an extraordinary actor now, and this imbecile believed he actually cared about her welfare.


I'm anaemic, but the iron doesn't seem to be helping. I may have to have blood transfusions, she replied, feeling embarrassed that he was seeing her this way even though she was sure he was the one who put her in this condition.


He had to smile to himself. Oh yes, she'd be needing blood transfusions very soon.


I have a little something here that may help if you're willing to trust me, he said, smiling that sickly sweet smile.


He put his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out a glass vial. It had a thick dark red liquid in it, so dark it almost looked black.


No comments:

Post a Comment