Saturday 4 February 2012

Vampire book snippet - The Man of my Dreams


The girl, where was the girl? Had she been telling the truth? He ran to the door and opened it to find her sitting on the doorstep. He ran to her and pulled her roughly to her feet. She shied away and cringed before him.


“What have you done to me?” he screamed. “What in God’s name did you do?”


He was shaking her and screaming at her. She lifted her head and looked into his eyes.


“Take your hands off me before I break your arms off!” she snarled.


She was no longer a demure little girl. Her eyes were ice blue and her canine teeth had grown in length. She looked very scary and very angry. He dropped his hands to his sides in shock.


“I tried to tell you, I turned you into a Vampire,” she said talking through her teeth and not taking her eyes off him. “Now, if you will shut up and stop whimpering, I'll tell you what you need to do to survive. It's my duty, as I'm the one who changed you. But once I've warned you and told you how to hunt . . . the responsibility stops there and you're on your own!”

No comments:

Post a Comment