Sunday 8 July 2012

SUNDAY SNIPPET

A snippet from The Chosen One (Book 3 in The Dream Series)


Lisa could feel herself being carried and hear muffled voices around her, but no matter how hard she tried she just couldn’t seem to speak or open her eyes.

“Is she okay?” she heard a male voice say that sounded like Pete, her friend Monica’s boyfriend.

“I think she just had a bit too much to drink,” answered the guy who was carrying her.  “She was knocking them back a bit.”

“Really? That isn’t like Lisa, she doesn’t usually drink much – especially when she has work the next day,” came Monica’s voice.

“What can I say? She was having a good time and just let herself go. I told her I'd give her a ride home, so no biggy. My car is just parked out back, so I'll get her home safe and sound.”

Pete and Monica exchanged worried glances. Did Lisa know this guy? She danced with him a lot tonight and was hanging off him for quite a while before passing out, so she must like him. He seemed friendly enough and didn’t look like a serial killer – not that they knew what a serial killer really looked like.

“Are you sure?” Monica asked a bit worried. “Pete and I were just about to leave. We could give her a ride.”

“I got it,” the guy replied. “I'll take her home and sit with her for a while 'til I'm sure she's okay. She'll be fine, trust me.”

“Okay,” Monica replied, still a bit unsure of what she should do. “But get her to ring me the minute she wakes up.”

“Will do,” he said as he bundled Lisa off out the door and headed off towards his dark coloured combi van.

No comments:

Post a Comment