Wednesday 20 March 2013

Life After Hell: Surviving Sexual Abuse






After years of writing and rewriting it and waiting to see how the ending turned out - I think my #WIP may actually be finished.... It is not fiction this time and not a continuation of The Dream Series (though I am in the process of writing  book 4 - Succubus: An Erotic Companion, as we speak), but pretty much my autobiography. I sent it off to a NZ publisher last week and received an email to say that a professional reader would be reading it soon and I would be notified within the next 2-4months as to whether they wished to proceed further or not. Fingers crossed!

 I decided to go down the Trad Pub road to begin with as that was always my initial dream - but if it doesn't pan out, I will look at Indie as I have done with the others. I felt this story was just too important and I wanted the chance to be a 'real' author with this one.

Guess it depends on how many rejections I can handle. If I go down the Indie trail, then the cover will look something like this.....maybe :)

 
 


"After being separated from my mother twice in my 10 short years of life, I was more than a little excited at the prospect of being reunited with her again. Unfortunately, my elation was to be short-lived when the visits to my bedroom started. Threatening to send me away again or turn the loaded gun he kept in my wardrobe on us all, he kept my silence.
 

It was to be another six years until I escaped the abuse of my mother’s husband and another 30 years before I was able to bring him to justice. Ironically, the one person that should have protected me and helped me fight to stop him, my mother, is still with him to this day."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/8350315/Sex-predator-cops-seven-years-jail

No comments:

Post a Comment