Tuesday 24 September 2013

Meet "Gabriel"..........

A snippet from Book 4 in The Dream Series
(Succubus: An Erotic Companion)





 



 Chris Hemsworth (My choice for Sebastian)


 The vampire’s eyes were piercing blue, much like his own. In another world, they would have been brothers – he being the weaker, co-dependent brother of course. They did share the same father, but Sebastian had never been aware of his existence. Not until today. As things stood now they were worlds apart. Something Gabriel hoped that Sebastian would soon remedy.

He held up his hand.
“I come in peace,” he said in a confident voice that defied the terror welling up inside him.
Sebastian looked amused.
“Did you say in peace or pieces?”
Gabe swallowed and in a voice a little shakier this time, replied.
“I want to be your assistant. I could help you dispose of that body and the bodies to follow, I could find willing volunteers for you and just help out wherever or whenever you needed me to.”
He tried very hard to match the astonished vampire’s gaze and not look down or away. His hands were shaking slightly, but he stood his ground.
“And just what would you want in return for being my slave?” Sebastian smirked.
Gabe frowned. He didn’t want to be a servant, more of an equal in time to come. A friend. A confidant. A brother.
“I want to be like you. I want you to turn me.”
Sebastian roared with laughter.
“Why on earth would I want to do that? You do realise that I am into women, don’t you?”
Gabriel felt his face flush and it angered him. He was deadly serious and this beast was trying to turn him into a joke.

“What is your name?” he asked.

“Gabriel, sire.”

“Like the angel?” Sebastian inquired, raising his eyebrow.

Gabe smiled.

“I assure you – I am no angel.”

“Unless your halo is invisible then I am inclined to take your word on that.”

Sebastian rubbed his chin and eyed the mortal before him. He had the strangest feeling that he knew the man and yet he knew that they had never met before. The fool showed considerable courage – he could hear how fast his heart was beating and to spite being terrified, he had still been brave enough to confront him. He must know that if he so wanted he could snap him in half like the twig he was. Or was his need to be changed stronger than any fear he may be suppressing?

To be honest, he could do with help to get rid of bodies…..was this guy any good at it though? Maybe he made up for his lack of strength with brain power? If his frail body could survive the transition, then maybe he should give the guy a chance to prove himself. He took a step forward, his fangs glistening in the moonlight as he approached the human. 


It took Gabriel everything ounce of strength he had not to turn and run screaming into the night. He had come too far to give up now. He needed this, needed to feel power and be in control of his own destiny for once in his miserable life. 






Gabriel Mann (my inspiration for "Gabriel")







Goodreads Book Giveaway


Succubus by Gladys Quintal

Succubus

by Gladys Quintal


Giveaway ends December 13, 2013.

See the giveaway details
at Goodreads.

Enter to win


No comments:

Post a Comment