Monday 6 July 2015

Job Hunting Fun....

Since I have been living the LCHF lifestyle, my health has improved to the point that I am actually now searching for a "real" job. Six months ago, I was in pain 24/7, miserable and never thought it possible that I would ever be in the position to work outside of the home again. It is amazing what a change in diet can do! Not only have I lost just over 10kg, but I am no longer suffering with aching joints or muscle pain and I am able to keep my house reasonably tidy (as much as hurricane Bella lets me!) for the first time in ages. 

I have been out of the workforce for approximately 10 years, am almost 50 and things in Australia are certainly different than they were back in NZ. Finding my dream job isn't easy! I also want hours that work around my kids (namely evening or Sunday work when dad is home to watch them) and that is where most of the problems lie. I am either too old to work Sundays (as penalty rates apply and employers prefer workers under 18 that don't cost as much) or they want someone that is available daytime during the week as well. I have practically applied everywhere and so far nada! I do have a chance for a Home and Community Care traineeship, if they can work it around my availability, so finger's crossed for that one. Since I wanted to be a nurse most of my childhood, I think this would suit me to a tee.

I love being an author. I love to write, but at the moment it just isn't paying the bills. I will keep writing, and dreaming that maybe someday that will change. In the meantime, watch this space! I am embarking on a new and hopefully exciting journey of independence and self-worth. Maybe it is a good thing as I was starting to become a hermit, hiding away in my writing cave and having little contact with the outside world!

No comments:

Post a Comment