Tuesday 29 September 2015

#GlutenFree #DairyFree #LowCarb Pancakes




Since a few of my friends are dairy intolerant, I decided to try and create a dairy free pancake recipe. I made them this morning and they were delicious. Of course I topped ours with loads of butter and the kids also had 100% pure maple syrup on theirs.

Recipe:

1 and 1/2 cups of blanched almond meal (you could probably use coconut flour, but use less or more liquid)
1 Tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
1 tsp baking powder (GF)
2 eggs
1 Teaspoon of vanilla essence
15 drops of stevia ( you could use a little honey or maple syrup instead, but it will add to the carbs/sugar content)
1 cup of coconut cream.

I put the dry ingredients into a bowl, break in the eggs and then the stevia, vanilla and coconut cream and mix. Either drop spoonfuls (if you want pikelet sized) or pour into a non-stick frying pan, on a low heat, greased with a little coconut oil. Once the bubbles start to burst (approx a minute) flip and then cook for approx another minute.

I often make a double mixture and then keep the leftover pancakes in the fridge. You can just pop them in the microwave the next morning and breakfast is made!

Learn more about my LCHF Lifestyle here

‪#‎LCHF‬ ‪#‎Paleo‬ ‪#‎LowCarb‬ ‪#‎glutenfree‬ ‪#‎dairyfree‬

No comments:

Post a Comment