Wednesday 19 July 2023


 It's Been a Minute!

 

It has been so long since I posted on here, that I forgot how! I thought it would be nice to start using this blog again, since I put so much work into setting it up in the first place.

 So, what has been happening in my life? Quite a lot actually! COVID changed a lot and moved my psychic business to non-contact, online, phone or video readings - which was fine and worked quite well. I did miss the personal contact with clients though, and as psychometry (holding onto objects) is my absolute favourite tool to use while conducting readings, I began doing personal readings again a couple of months ago. I must admit, I am enjoying interacting with people, face to face again. It was far too easy for me to recoil into myself, stay in my comfort zone and hide away from the world.  I definitely needed that push to get back out there. 

 As you know, I haven't written any books in a long, long time. I am sorry about that, but it has just been too hard to get back into it. I spent years trying to get the books I have written noticed, but alas, it just was not meant to be. I have figured out that if I had decided to start doing psychic readings before I wrote my books, then I never would have written them. So there is that. I did do things in the correct order.  Writing is not easy. It is time consuming and can be draining - although very therapeutic at the same time. Then once the book is written, there is the editing, editing again and again, getting a cover made, formatting, proof reading, uploading, promoting.... it is a lot of work and can be soul destroying when they don't sell. I am very grateful for my fans and wish I had the energy to do everything, but I don't. I am old, with young children and have too many health issues. My psychic business gets a lot more support, believe it or not. Even though I do get the odd comment about being a fraud, ripping people off and being a spawn of Satan! Kind of goes with the territory though :) I had to go with the more lucrative option. I am lucky to have the skills to fall back on - putting myself out there was not easy though.

 I also moved my mother from NZ to Australia in April last year. If you know me, or have read my autobiography, you will know that my relationship with my mother is not exactly a carefree, happy one. I was estranged from her for around 12 years. But she has dementia, was living alone in less than adequate conditions and was helpless and pretty much all alone in the world (since I put my stepfather in prison). So I made it my mission in life to rescue her and bring her here. It was never going to be easy, and COVID closing both the NZ and WA borders didn't help either!  But she is here now and doing a lot better. 

 I have been making YouTube videos and trying to grow that platform as well. Again, it is not easy. But bit by bit, I am trying to keep moving forward and just do a bit at a time. Who knows? One day I might even decide to start writing again!

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment